Book Review ~ Stargazer (Halos #2) by Sunniva Dee

Stargazer - Sunniva Dee

Synopsis~

I’m Luna, and I’ve been in the Twilight Zone since I moved in with my sister and her boyfriend.

I sense their secrets in every corner of the house.

Gabriel is eerily beautiful, and his personality disturbingly perfect, while Gaia’s inexplicable PTSD and mood swings bounce her between bliss and despair.

Until Gabriel’s brothers pay a visit.

Cassiel...

He’s the night to his brother’s day. He’s sex personified and the devil in one hell of a stunning package. It’s been years since I last saw him, but this man makes me burn. He hooks me with his touch. Enthralls me with those oddly simmering eyes. He pierces my soul with his knowing smirks, and I am losing myself in him.

Ka...

With pearlescent hair and spring green eyes, he crashes into my world. I thought this crazy, beautiful man could mend my bleeding heart. Make things recognizable again—normal. Instead he pulls me from the embers and feeds me to the open fire.

College life. Is this what everyone goes through?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Thoughts ~

I have been anticipating the release of Stargazer ever since I finished Shattering Halos. Why you ask? Well, because it was amazing and I enjoyed the story tremendously, but really I just wanted more of Cassiel. Don't know who Cassiel is? Well, just stop reading right this second and pick up Shattering Halos so you can be properly introduced to this fine, sexy, hot Fallen Angel. Sunniva Dee certainly did step up the heat level with the latest installment, Stargazer. Where Shattering Halos was a sweet and touching love story, Stargazer was a scorching inferno of HOTNESS! I mean look at the gorgeous cover! It just screams that this book is going to be HOT!

So, what went on during Stargazer you ask? Well....this:

Luna is obsessed with Cassiel (and who wouldn't be?) but is getting frustrated with him. He is still the playboy we have grown to love and lust over. Cassiel still loves his women - BUT, he has grown quite fond of Luna but can't convince her of that. All Luna sees is a horny playboy who will never settle down, especially with her. The sexual tension between the two is hot and you will be begging for them to get their act together and do something about it.

Just when you think the drama could not get any more intense between Luna and Cassiel, we are introduced to Ka, as he crash lands into Luna's bedroom. Ka is an angel with a lot of issues. Ka is like this huge overgrown kid wrapped up in muscular, sexy body. He's confusing as hell too. One minute you will think you love his innocent, child-like mind and then the next you want to strangle him for being a sadistic, lying, cheating prick. I know......such a confusing man. But the sad thing is that Luna is falling for him. It's her way to get her mind off Cassiel. But you know the old saying, you want what you can't have? Well, now that Ka is in the picture, Cassiel just isn't himself as he wants Luna all to himself. But is it too late?

I absolutely loved Stargazer! It was so much edgier and sexier than the previous book. I must admit that I was frustrated at times with Luna and her decision making, but then everything came together especially after the 'L' word was used. I actually had a Hallelujah moment...singing from the mountain tops praising the Good Lord Almighty because miracles can happen, and one did within the pages of this book! (I know....a little dramatic, but heck, it is what it is). And that is what you get with this novel, an amazing story that is so easy to get swept into and one where you really connect with the characters and feel like you are involved with them.

Sunniva Dee is an amazing writer and her books get better and better with each release. Her writing really draws you into the story and keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very last page is read. Stargazer is indeed an amazing story and is one that I would recommend to anyone looking to read a scorching hot, intense romance. But be warned...once you start this book, you will not want to put it down, so clear the calendar for this one!

Source: http://avidbookcollector.blogspot.com/2014/11/book-review-stargazer-halos-2-by.html