Book Review ~ Into the Blind by Helen Rena

Into the Blind - Helen Rena

Into the Blind was really quite different from anything that I have ever read.  The author has created this majorly screwed up world where children are sold on the Black Market for their special abilities.  The main character Ever was one of these babies, and for 15 years, she and three other children have been held hostage in an abandoned mall being treated horribly while their captors wait for the children's powers to develop.  Ever is quite special as she is blind, however, she can 'see' using the people around her.  She is a 'heart' and when her ability is developed, she will be able to channel feelings into other people.  This can be good or bad, and her boyfriend Fox, does not want her to channel at all.  This poses a problem quite often in the story, because whenever a situation arises where Ever can get their butts out of trouble, Fox gets really pissed off.

As the four plot to escape the mall prison, the action picks up and the reader gets to go on a journey that is beyond mind-blowing. At times, I was comparing this story to something like Alice in Wonderland on crack.  It was just that kind of weird.  The ending?  Well, everything came together and made perfect sense, and it left me completely speechless.

Helen Rena has really written an outstanding story that has so many twists and turns, and such creativity, you can't help but get engrossed in the world that she has created.  This one will appeal to all age groups who love a good fantasy/dystopian story and is one that I would recommend.

Source: http://avidbookcollector.blogspot.com/2014/09/book-review-into-blind-by-helen-rena.html