Dogs Don't Look Both Ways: A Primer on Unintended Consequences by Jane Hanser

Joey Hanser is a very handsome Labrador Retriever who has endless amounts of energy and curiosity.  His need to explore outside his boundaries offered him opportunities to meet new friends (and get treats!), but it also led to a horrible accident...an accident that could have had a sad ending.  But with Joey's determination and the love and support of his parents, Joey learns that maybe, just maybe, some of those rules are important and if the rules are broken, then there are consequences.

All dogs need rules and boundaries set early in their life, but sometimes whether it is because of the breed or just plain stubbornness, those rules get ignored by our pets. This book really is a primer on a dog's life and what happens when they don't listen to their parents rules.  If dogs could read, then this book should be mandatory for them.  For the parents of dogs, this is also a must read!  It is very inspiring and also very insightful!

This was such an awesome book!   It was a pure joy to get a glimpse of Joey's world and his endless curiosity of the world around him.  Written from Joey's point of view provided a very unique reading experience that was both fun and insightful.  Joey's words and thoughts are exactly what I think my pets would say if they could talk to me.  I want to give Joey's parents kudos for being so patient with him and understanding of his need to explore the world around him and I also want to give kudos for them being there for Joey when his explorations went horribly bad.  Joey is an awesome dog and everyone should read his story. I don't normally give spoilers, but this one does have a happy ending, so no tissues are necessary!  So go ahead and grab this beautifully written book, get comfortable and enjoy a few hours in Joey's world.  You will not be disappointed!

This one gets a 5 paw rating and is Roscoe approved for dogs (and their humans) of any age!

- See more at: http://avidbookcollector.blogspot.com/2014/06/book-review-dogs-dont-look-both-ways.html#sthash.EtZyWl6r.dpuf