Book Review ~ Rite of Rejection by Sarah Negovetich

Rite of Rejection - Sarah Negovetich

Synopsis ~

Straight-laced, sixteen-year-old Rebecca can’t wait for her Acceptance. A fancy ball, eligible bachelors, and her debut as an official member of society. Instead, the Machine rejects Rebecca. Labeled as a future criminal, she’s shipped off to a life sentence in a lawless penal colony.

A life behind barbed wire fences with the world’s most dangerous people terrifies Rebecca. She reluctantly joins a band of misfit teens in a risky escape plan, complete with an accidental fiancé she’s almost certain she can learn to love.

But freedom comes with a price. To escape a doomed future and prove her innocence Rebecca must embrace the criminal within.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Thoughts ~

I will be the first to admit that I was beyond pleasantly surprise about how good this book was. I take that back – it was FANTASTIC! Rite of Rejection is a perfect example of how young adult dystopian fiction should be done.

Rite of Rejection pulled me in with the first chapter and held my attention until the very end. I devoured this story, unable to put it down; believe me I tried, but this one kept creeping into my thoughts, begging for me to finish. This is a story of desperation, hope, love and the desire to change a corrupt system. Ms. Negovetich’s attention to detail and solid writing really drew me into this story and I could picture the entire thing unfolding in my mind. From the filth and stench of the PIT to the desperation of the colony, I could not help but want something better for the characters.

Rite of Rejection has its own unique personality, and I believe fans of dystopian fiction will love it. The ending did leave me with some questions, but overall I finished with a feeling of great satisfaction. If there is a sequel to this awesome story, I will definitely be reading it.

*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://avidbookcollector.blogspot.com/2014/12/book-review-rite-of-rejection-by-sarah.html