Book Review ~ Pandora Wild Child by Sunniva Dee

Pandora Wild Child - Sunniva Dee

Synopsis~

I’m free. Fucking free!

I’m in college with my best friends and far, far from home!

With my Scheuermann’s disease as the excuse, my father kept me locked up at home all through high school. Here in Deepsilver, I can finally be me, Pandora, so—

Why the hell should I hold back?

They accept our fake IDs at Smother, our local haunt. I’m the life of the party, everyone loves me—hell, I could get away with murder in this place! Drunk off my ass, I dance on the bar, and—

I’m on top of the world!

I need to get my shit together, though. If I don’t pull off good grades, my father won’t pay my tuition. There’s no way I’m moving back into his “fortress.”

At the bar, I set my eyes on a gorgeous stranger. My plans don’t involve him long term; one night should be enough. But Dominic is more than I bargained for. God, I’m so drawn to this man. My skin hums at his touch because—

He expels the shadows of my past and replaces my pain with desire.

Perfect Dominic. Beautiful, graduating, soon-to-move-on-with-his-life Dominic.

I’m a wild child. A hot mess. Not grownup and focused like him. He’s addictive, and I am weak, but—screw this; I can wean myself off him! With the right antidote—

Addictions can be broken.

~~~~~~~

My Thoughts~

Pandora’s life has been majorly sheltered.  With her overprotecting parents and their extreme way of dishing out punishments, it is no surprise that when Pandora goes off to college, she becomes well, a Wild Child.  Boy does this girl does like to party  -  big time.  She is finally free and doesn't care about the consequences, at all.  It’s at the local bar, Smother, where she catches the eye of not one hot, sexy guy, but two.  Yeah, Ms. Dee definitely knows how to turn up the heat, and both these guys are HOT.  But each one is entirely different and each wants different things from Pandora.  Dominic is always there to catch Pandora when thing are a little off for her (okay a LOT off).  Pandora really likes him but feels that he is too ‘perfect’ for her.  Leon is the owner of Smother and it is rumored that he likes his girls ‘broken’.  Yeah, Leon is into some kinky shit, and he feels like Pandora would be perfect with him.  Not because she is breakable, but because she just doesn't give a shit, just like him.  Leon is the bad boy that will make every parent cringe, and that makes him more attractive to Pandora – anything to piss off the parents.  But who will win her heart?

Pandora Wild Child is one thrilling, edge of your seat, nail biting, emotional story!  While I was reading this, I was literally screaming, laughing and shaking my head at Pandora’s escapades.  As a parent, I cringed at her activities, but also understood her need to want to be free – to experience life to the fullest.  It was really awesome to ‘see’ her grow up right before my eyes and realize the error of her ways and really want to be a better, more responsible person.

I totally fell in love with Dominic, but really the character that won my heart over was his grandmother – such a fun lady!  Dominic was so kind and caring toward this woman and it made me love him so much more.  Not only was he patient and kind with his grandmother, he was patient and kind with Pandora - which is really what she needed at that stage of her life.

Leon on the other hand - gosh - what a mess!  He just liked to control. Everything.  In his business and in the bedroom.  But his controlling ways kind of reminded me of Pandora's father, and to me that is just not going to work in a relationship.  Pandora was just trading one father for another.  Not.Good.At. All.

You're probably wondering if this book is about one big love triangle.  Well, no it's really not and that's about all I am going to say about it because saying too much will just spoil it.  What I will say though is that this story is really about one girl just trying to figure out which direction she needs to take in her life.  The journey is wild and crazy, but it's one I am glad I took and one that will stay with me for quite some time.

Overall, I totally LOVED this story!  Sunniva Dee certainly knows how to write a story that will keep you turning the pages, wanting to know MORE.  And the ending – WOW – totally amazing!  This one does not end in a cliffhanger, but it does lead the way for a sequel starring one of the leading hot men in Pandora Wild Child, and I for one CAN NOT wait for its release.  If you like to read a coming of age story that is edgy, funny and dare I say, WILD, then Pandora Wild Child is a MUST read!

Source: http://avidbookcollector.blogspot.com/2014/11/book-review-blog-tour-pandora-wild.html