Book Review ~ Torrent (Condemned #1) by Gemma James

Torrent - Gemma James

Synopsis:

She sent an innocent man to prison. Now, eight years later, he's returning the favor...

I’ve been obsessed with Rafe Mason since I was thirteen. The twisted part of this story is that I still want him, even now.

Now that he's holding me captive on an island.

Rafe has his reasons for doing what he's doing, and if I'm honest, I can't blame him. I’m the girl who sent him to prison for a heinous crime he didn't commit.

But now he's free and the tables have turned...now he's the one driven by obsession.

TORRENT is a new adult dark romance with disturbing themes and explicit content, including sexual scenes and violence that may offend some. Intended for mature audiences. Part one of the CONDEMNED series. This is not a stand-alone read. Approximately 43,000 words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I just finished up Torrent, and I am sitting here wondering what the hell did I just read?  Never before have I read a book this dark and this raw, with the most f’ed up characters – EVER, but Lord help me, I loved every freaking minute of it!  I’m not going to lie, there were parts of the story that were quite disturbing, but I was warned so there is no need to harp on that.  This is a very dark, emotional story that will take the reader on a brutal and violent journey that is so twisted you can’t help but hang on while it totally consumes you.  If you enjoy a dark, erotic, twisted romance that will take you way out of your comfort zone and leave you begging for more, then this series is for you!

Source: http://avidbookcollector.blogspot.com/2014/10/book-review-torrent-condemned-1-by.html#sthash.DN6kMLGT.dpuf